Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Exam Days

MIDTERMS = FEAR

Today is my last midterm.  Sigh, cheers, definitely going to drink some beers today. 
I can't wait to get home today from class!
For the last week and a half I have had exams looming over my head.  They linger in my head and they talk to me.  (Weird, I know, but the voices are there, I have heard them my friends)  They say things like "study or I will kick your ass", "maybe you should just quit m*ther f*cker", "I will ruin your life".  They are not nice thoughts and these tests are meaner and scarier than any education tests I took.
Rydberg's equation, Planck's Formula, The Citric Acid Cyle, The Calvin Cycle, Thylakoids, graphing quadratic functions, arcsin(sin3), tetragonal pyramidal, molecular orbits, E=MC squared
"What the f*ck did that guy just say?!?!?!!?!?!?!?" 
Exactly, welcome to my world.  Four months ago I was a teacher.  I gave exams.  I graded some of them. (Grading, not good at it, big influence on my decision to get out) I stared for hours at the internet, listened to music, did crosswords, and ate fast food for free. 
I traded all this in (I still wonder why from time to time). I will admit, I have gained a shitload of knowledge but the voices still linger, "have you studied enough", "better start that homework son", "time waits for no man, especially you retard, get off your lazy ass and pick up a book".
The voices keep me motivated in some strange way.  After all, college is like golf (which I wish I was doing everyday all day).  It is you verse the course, a survival of the fittest in a way.  As of right now I am kicking my feet and keeping afloat, but I am on the verge of going under.
I have my own voice to fight back, "I am going to whoop your ass test, prepare to die", " I am going to kick your FACE IN exam", "The price is wrong bitch!" I won't let it happen. 
These courses won't beat me but the thought is always there.  It looms like the gray clouds over CLEVELAND!

Time to get out of here and head to the library.  Thank god for beer, Ice down the 12 pack Martha, DADDY IS THIRSTY!

1 comment:

  1. Schellhause..... Comedy. Way to be man enough to realize you were done in the classroom. I too have visions of getting out the teaching game. I just hope that my books don't talk nearly as much trash to me. Keep chasing. I'll be proud to call to "Doctor" in the near future.

    ReplyDelete